Tanzania Digital Awards honors creativity, innovation and efficacy in harnessing digital space for positive societal changes in Tanzania. TDA extends recognition to individuals and organizations who makes effective use of digital platforms to creatively and innovatively inspire actions, bring change and foster lasting impact across and beyond the online community.
The Tanzania Digital Awards are brought to you by Serengeti Bytes, a Creative Public Relations, Strategic Communications and Digital Marketing Agency.
TDA are divided in nine (9) main categories and 50 subcategories which provide a room for individuals and different sectors to measure their digital use efforts against their competitors and stakeholders.:
The description of each main category and sub-categories is as highlighted hereunder:
This award recognizes the outstanding digital innovators in Tanzania and most impactful digital innovation that has positively contributed to societal change in the country.
1. Digital Innovator of the Year
2. Digital Innovation of the Year
3. Best Fintech App
4. Best Edtech App
Digital Communication has become very instrumental in both shaping and influencing change in society. This award recognizes digital communicators whose campaigns have inspired positive change in Tanzania.
1. Best Graphic Designer of the Year
2. Best Educative Page of the Year
3. Best Photographer of the Year
4. Best Content Creator of the Year
5. Influencer the Year
6. Hashtag of the Year
Digital technology has enhanced innovation and creativity in the entertainment industry. Artists and athletes can invent and/or make effective use of the available digital platforms to market their work and foster their brand identity. This award recognizes artists and athletes whose digital efforts have been remarkable in 2019.
1. Digital Artist of the Year (Female and Male)
2. Entertainment Blog of the Year
3. Best Digital Model of The Year (Female and Male)
4. Best Digital Comedian of the Year (Male and Female)
5. Digital Athlete of the Year (Male and Female)
1. Best Customer Care on Social Media
2. Best Social Media Marketing Campaign
3. Best Corporate Leader of the Year on Social Media (Male and Female)
4. Best Digital Marketing Agency
5. Best Entrepreneur on the Digital (Male and Female)
6. Best Digital CSR Initiative
Everything with no exclusion to media is going digital. From weblogs and social media to online TVs, online radios and online magazines - digital space has become most convenient to both content producers and consumers. This award honours digital media movers and shakers in Tanzania.
1. Best Digital TV
2. Best News Blog
3. Best Media House on Digital
4. Digital Media Leader of the Year (Male and Female)
5. Online Radio of the Year
6. Best Presenter in Digital Media (Male and Female)
After a long hesitation, the public sector has recognized and vigorously started to make effective use of social media for the promotion of the government agenda. This award recognizes the best use of digital platforms by public sectors and actors in the sector.
1. Digital Politician of the Year (Male and Female)
2. Best Government Page of the Year
3. Best Social Media Political Campaign
4. Best Political Party Use of Social Media
5. Best Government Agency on Digital
NGOs in Tanzania as in the rest of the world are leveraging effective use of digital platforms to mobilize the larger number of supporters and influence positive change in the society. This award honours outstanding NGOs and actors in the sector whose digital actions has made a difference in 2019.
1. Best NGO use of Social Media
2. Best Social Media Advocacy Campaign
3. Best NGO Leader of the Year on Social Media (Male & Female)
Diplomatic missions are not left behind when it comes to effective use of digital platforms in influencing their home countries agenda in line with Tanzania development vision. This award recognizes the diplomatic mission and diplomats whose digital media efforts have been noteworthy in the year 2019.
1. Best Foreign Mission/Embassy Page of the Year
2. Diplomatic Leader of the Year in Social Media (Male and Female)
3. Best International Agency in Digital
Overall Best Use of Digital Platforms by an Individual voted by people.
We are inviting sponsorship from all sectors including telecoms, industries, businesses, media, government agencies, travel and tourism, financial institutions, international agencies and NGOs. Various levels of sponsorship are possible. Based on the sponsorship level, the sponsor will have access to opportunities for advertising and/or displaying their produces, making presentations and a number of opportunities during the awards gala. We are open to other suggestions from sponsors as well.
You are invited to be part of this exciting initiative and actively contribute to the success of TDA 2019.